Third Grade Curriculum
- Religion-We Believe, We are the Church, William H. Sadlier, Inc.
- Jesus Gives Us the Church
- Jesus Teaches Us About God's Love
- Christ Will Come Again
- Mysteries of the Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Reading-Original text literature taken from classic or award winning chapter books including but not limited to:
- The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary
- Charlotte's Web by E. B. White
- Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate Dicamillo
- Grammar-Voyages in English by Loyola Press
- Social Studies- Our Communities by Macmillan/McGraw-Hill
- Map Skills
- Geography in Communities
- Science- Science Fusion by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Ecosystems and Interactions
- Change's to the Earth's Surface
- People and Resources
- Physical Education & Health
10:15-11:00 am Special
11:00-11:45am Language Arts
1:30-2:15pm Social Studies
2:15-2:30pm Ready for Dismissal
Meet Mrs. Girard
I was born and raised in New Hampshire and moved to Manchester when I got married in 1997. In 1991, I graduated from the University of Lowell with my Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology. In 2001, I went to Notre Dame College, housed right in this building, to earn my Masters Degree in Elementary Education.
Although I stayed home to raise my 5 children I always stayed active with education and children. My experiences cover a range of modes of education to include private, home education, public and charter schools. I worked as a librarian and volunteered on many levels to teach Jesus and the bible to children.
I went back into the classroom three years ago and this is my first year at Mt. St. Mary Academy. I feel truly blessed to be part of this great community.
In my spare time is devoted to spending time with my family, reading and studying my faith.
Peeking into Third Grade