Good Afternoon Sixth Grade Parents,
We have made it through our first full week of school! Here is what is happening in sixth grade the week of September 16:
Religion: We will start preparing for our Mercy Day celebration which will be on Friday, September 27 at 1:45. We will be preparing to present the history of Catherine McAuley and the Sisters of Mercy.
Math: We have been studying exponents, order of operations and prime factorization. This week we will be finishing chapter 1 with greatest common factors and least common multiples. One thing I forgot to put on the supply list was a graph paper notebook for math. The books last year were consumable so I forgot to add it for this year, so if your child could bring in a graph paper notebook I would appreciate it.
Science: 6th Grade Science Fusion
Sept 3-13 Quiz on Friday September 13th
The students started to learn how to write a lab report. The students started the Science book. Unit 8 Lesson 1 How Do Weathering and Erosion Shape the Earth’s Surface?
- Explain what is weathering and how does it change rock
- Explain how erosion and deposition change the Earth’s surface
- Describe how landforms can change over time]\contrast physical weathering and erosion
Social Studies: We have been studying early Westward Expansion. We will continue that study with a further look at Daniel Boone.
Literacy: We have begun literacy groups. These groups will focus on reading, grammar and writing. The students have chosen their first book report book and were given the instructions today. The book report is due October 11.
* Band with Mr. Jenkins meets on Tuesdays, make sure your child returns a permission slip if they want to participate.
* Running Club will start on Wednesday after school. Again, please make sure your child has returned a permission slip to participate.
Have a great week!
Homework for the week of 9/16/19
Math - P. 25 problems 1 - 37 odd due 9/17/19
p. 26 problems 39 - 55 odd due 9/18/19
p. 31 problems 1 - 33 odd due 9/19/19
p. 32 problems 35 - 47 odd due 9/20/19
Book reports will be assigned monthly. Each month will focus on a different genre. Directions and due dates will be handed out each month.