Welcome to Kindergarten - Room 106
Kindergarten Teacher - Missy Sullivan
Welcome to Kindergarten! This is my first year at Mount Saint Mary's and my second year teaching Kindergarten. I have been volunteering here for a few years and am truly blessed to join the Mount family. I am very active and hands on with teaching. I love to incorporate nature in my classroom and teaching as much as possible.
For the first trimester our curriculum will be
Big Ideas Math
-Count and Write Numbers 0 to 5
-Compare Numbers 0 to 5
-Count and write Numbers 6 to 10
-Compare Numbers to 10
-Compose and Decompose Numbers to 10
-Add Numbers Within 10
- How do we use our senses?
- How do we use Science skills?
- How do we use science tools?
- What are living things?
- What is real? What is pretend?
- What are animals like?
- What do animals need?
- How do animals grow and change?
- What are plants like?
- What do plants need?
- What are some plant parts?
- How do plants grow and change?
-God made all things
-God gives us light
-God gives us water
-God gives us the land
-God made the Animals
Phonological Awareness Literacy
- Recognizing and writing lowercase/uppercase letters
- Beginning letter sounds
- Pre-primer sight words
- Primer sight words