The Board of Trustees are "entrusted" with the oversight of the ministry in fulfillment of the Mission and values of Mount Saint Mary Academy.
Private Catholic School Boards
- Formulate Policy
- Give direction to the school (i.e. plan)
- Further the school's mission and ensure the school's success
- Be involved in long-range issues (rather than day to day operations) and in "big picture"
- Plan and budget or approve budget
The Minimal Functions of the Board include:
- Developing a strategic plan
- Developing and approving a policy
- Hiring/Firing the Principal
- Evaluating the Principal
- Approving an annual budget
- Setting Salaries
- Setting Tuition
- Overseeing financial accountability
- Ensuring that in broad terms the school is fulfilling its mission
The board should NOT be involved in the day-to-day operations of the school. Such daily practical matters should be handled directly by the school Principal.
Individual Board Members should never be involved in specific management, personnel, or curricular issues. The primary responsibility of the Principal is to implement Board approved policies.
The Principal also oversees:
- The implementation of the curriculum and classroom management/ staff development/ necessary resources.
- Staff evaluation and hiring and firing within the financial constraints determined by the board.
- Day-to-day operations.
Board of Trustees Members:
Dan Goldner, Chair
Dan recently retired from Texas Instruments after 31 years, having spent much of his career in engineering roles ranging from design to program management to research & development. He was also responsible for TI’s High Performance Analog segment as Vice President of Finance. Dan and his family have lived in Texas, California, and Oslo, Norway before coming to Manchester. Wife Lisa, children Eli (24), Dante (20), and Sidra (19).
Board Member since 2013
Angela Kalampalikis, Co-Chair
President and Director of Education at Salter Nursing
Seacoast Career School
CEO and Founder of Jedow Interactive, LLC.
Web Development and Digital Marketing Strategies Expert. Serial Entrepreneur, created own web development company and has been running this for over 16 years. Advocate for kids' financial literacy as well as entrepreneurship and has run camps for kids across the US. Married for over 23 years to Jim. Children Nathan (18) and Emma (16).
Board Member since 2016
President of Collins Tree Service, Inc.
The Collins family has successfully owned and operated Collins Tree Service for over 40 years. During that time they have served the tree and shrub needs of thousands of people in every conceivable situation. Bill and his wife, Claire, have one son, Joel (14), and live in Manchester.
Board Member since 2019
Director of Financial Aid
Seacoast Career School
Marketing - Derryfield School
Biologist by training, she quickly learned the jobs you look for are not always the ones you plan for, especially when being an at-home mom is a top priority. She has worked for the forest service, been a teacher, a librarian, and now finds herself in communications and marketing. Blessed beyond imagination, married for twenty-five years to David, and the mother of three great young men, Jake, Max and Sam, her wish is to be able to give back.