- We use Voyages in English writing and grammar books:
- We are currently doing creative writing prompts from a character's point of view who is either in the book they are reading or from the time period from the book. A really fun creative writing piece.
- Every week I assign a different writing piece, which either coincides with the time period in Social studies or with the current grammar lesson, or from the book we are reading together as a class.
- Writing prompts and getting students confident and comfortable speaking orally is something I love to emphasize and practice
- Students read and discuss a different novel every 6 weeks, currently 7th and 8th grade students are reading Into the Dust by Karen Hesse which coincides with the Great Depression which they are learning about in Social Studies. 6th grade students are reading The Call of the Wild by Jack London, and the 5th graders are reading Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson.
- Sadlier religion books We Live Our Faith
- Daily gospel reading from Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in his Presence
- Big Ideas Math Course 2:
- Algebraic Expressions
- Adding and Subtracting Linear Expressions
- Solving Equations using Multiplication or Subtraction
- Solving Equations using Multiplication or Division
- Solving Two-Step Equations
Meet Mrs. Long
BA in English
Grades 5-8 Language Arts
Grades 7 and 8 homeroom
Hi! I am Anna Long and I am teaching grades 5-8 Language Arts. I love everything creative writing, reading, and poetry. I have 4 kids and we love to hike, swim at Lake Sunapee and adventure! I am very happy to be a part of the Mount Saint Mary family and I'm also really happy to be back in Manchester, my hometown, after living in Hawaii for 13 years. There's no place like home!